What We Offer
At Kapanui we provide a caring environment where children are engaged learners immersed in motivating and challenging programs that are fun and enjoyable. Our students are safe and happy operating within the spirit of teamwork, co-operation and in partnership with the community. Teachers deliver quality well planned and evaluated learning that maximises the opportunities of all individuals to achieve and succeed. We have developed a culture where the input of everyone is valued and acknowledged.
At Kapanui we offer...
- "Kick Start" New entrant Transition Programmes
- A focus on the foundation skills - Literacy and Numeracy
- Well planned quality learning and teaching programmes
- Reading Recovery, Intervention & Support Programmes
- Careful monitoring and assessment of student progress
- Board employed Special Needs Teacher
- Cross Age Buddies and Tutoring Positive Behaviour Management Programme
- Wide community involvement and encouragement of parental involvement in school activities
- Challenge and Opportunity Program (enrichment and extension programs Second language for senior students)
- A "whole child" approach
- A proactive approach to teaching core values
- Visual Arts, PE, Music, Sport,Choir, Saturday Sports Teams
- Kapa Haka
- A well resourced and maintained school
- Computers networked in all classrooms with internet and intranet access
- Technology Programme for seniors
- Out door Education Programmes, Swimming Programme and Camping for seniors
- " Cool School " Peer Mediation Programme
- A "Sun Smart", Health promoting School - "Heart Beat Gold Award" Heart Foundation achieved
- Access to Speech, Hearing and Resource Teacher services
- Before and After School Care
ERO- Education Review Report, 9 August 2016
Positive interactions are
evident at all levels of the school. High quality relationships are formed with
many parents and especially with the parents of children with diverse needs.
Teachers interact with whānau about learning concerns as they arise.
Well being is effectively monitored. There is a positive, settled tone throughout the school that enhances learning opportunities for all students.
Consistency of expectations and teachers' practice promote high levels of student engagement and self-regulation. Key competencies and positive dispositions for learning are very evident. Teachers’ implementation of effective and culturally responsive practice supports student learning.
How well placed is the school to achieve and sustain equitable and excellent outcomes for all children?
Leaders and teachers:
· know the children whose learning and achievement need to be accelerated
· respond effectively to the strengths, needs and interests of each child
· regularly evaluate how well teaching is working for these children
· act on what they know works well for each child
· build teacher capability effectively to achieve equitable outcomes for all children
· are well placed to achieve and sustain equitable and excellent outcomes for all children"
The Board congratulates the staff of Kapanui School and thanks them for their work in achieving such a positive report.
For more information and a tour of the school contact the school office - Ph. 902 5015 or email email@example.com