What We Offer
At Kapanui we provide a caring environment where children are engaged learners immersed in motivating and challenging programs that are fun and enjoyable. Our students are safe and happy operating within the spirit of teamwork, co-operation and in partnership with the community. Teachers deliver quality well planned and evaluated learning that maximises the opportunities of all individuals to achieve and succeed. We have developed a culture where the input of everyone is valued and acknowledged.
At Kapanui we offer...
- "Kick Start" New entrant Transition Programmes
- A focus on the foundation skills - Literacy and Numeracy
- Well planned quality learning and teaching programmes
- Reading Recovery, Intervention & Support Programmes
- Careful monitoring and assessment of student progress
- Board employed Special Needs Teacher
- Cross Age Buddies and Tutoring Positive Behaviour Management Programme
- Wide community involvement and encouragement of parental involvement in school activities
- Challenge and Opportunity Program (enrichment and extension programs Second language for senior students)
- A "whole child" approach
- A proactive approach to teaching core values
- Visual Arts, PE, Music, Sport,Choir, Saturday Sports Teams
- Kapa Haka
- A well resourced and maintained school
- Computers networked in all classrooms with internet and intranet access
- Technology Programme for seniors
- Out door Education Programmes, Swimming Programme and Camping for seniors
- " Cool School " Peer Mediation Programme
- A "Sun Smart", Health promoting School - "Heart Beat Gold Award" Heart Foundation achieved
- Access to Speech, Hearing and Resource Teacher services
- Before and After School Care
ERO- Education Review Report, 30 June 09
"during the review ERO observed high quality teaching"
"classrooms are positive, stimulating'
"supportive and respectful interactions are evident"
"teachers have high expectations"
"students take pride in their school; they report that they feel safe"
"an attitude of trust and respect pervades the school"
For more information and a tour of the school contact the school office - Ph. 902 5015 or email firstname.lastname@example.org